The Blue Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's talk about the Ninth Doctor!

+3
MissKitten
ThePhantom47
Romanadvoratrelundar
7 posters

Go down

Let's talk about the Ninth Doctor! Empty Let's talk about the Ninth Doctor!

Post by Romanadvoratrelundar Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:45 pm

So what did you think of the Ninth? Did you like him? What was his best epsiode? Should he have stayed longer?
I thought he was a great Doctor but a bit harsh. Not strange if you consider he came fresh out of the Time War. My fav episode of him was probably Father's Day and Empty Child/Doctor dances.
Let's talk about Nine!
Romanadvoratrelundar
Romanadvoratrelundar

http://www.worldofhockey.net

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about the Ninth Doctor! Empty Re: Let's talk about the Ninth Doctor!

Post by ThePhantom47 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 pm

He was funny when he wanted to there is new meme about it It is the quote "I give you air from my lungs" I laughed. That is actually my favorite episode to! and Father's day
ThePhantom47
ThePhantom47

http://oddballgamer.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by MissKitten Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:06 pm

I like him, it's a shame we didn't get more time with him so he could have more weight when competing with his two successors. My favorite episode with him was without a doubt Empty Child/Doctor Dances.

Last edited by MissKitten on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
MissKitten
MissKitten
Admin

http://du.shades-of-moonlight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:20 pm

He was truly underappreciated and eventually overshadowed by David Tennant's Doctor Sad

He was a veteran of the Last Great Time War and was responsible (recently, possibly while he was still in his Eighth incarnation) for the destuction of all his people, and by extent, his family and loved ones.

In his early days, he was a dark, aloof character, missing much of the charm and whimsy of his earlier incarnations (*cough*Fourth*couch*) and whenever he smiled his sadness bled through when nobody was looking.

Later in his lifetime, he began to feel again, most notably in Empty Child/Doctor Dances. This is accentuated in his phrase "Just this one, everybody lives!" which gives him such apparent joy after losing everyone to some horror or other, specifically the Time War.

In his last story, he was seperated from his companion ROse who he had a strong emotional attatchment to, and when he saw her "killed" by the Anne Droid on the Gamestation he stopped fighting back until he saw the Daleks. Many different layers of rage erupted in his speech, culminating in:

No! 'Cause this is what I'm gonna do: I'm gonna rescue her! I'm gonna save Rose Tyler from the middle of the Dalek fleet! And then I'm gonna save the Earth! And then, just to finish off, I'm gonna wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky!

At the end of the story he accepted his fate and acknowledged that he had been "fantastic," smiled, and regenerated into his next incarnation.
Terminus
Terminus

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:25 am

I think of the three 'New Doctors' Ninth was definitely the most interesting. He wiped out his people, exterminated the Daleks, lost his home... he was angry, caring, funny, a desperate man trying to hold on to something and he found it in Rose and held on to her. I kind of saw his relationship with rose in the beginning as a kind of personal redemption, in my mind he needed to tell himself that he could protect something after causing a genocide.

He was really good to begin Who again with because it really helped make Ten believable in his darker moments especially in Runaway Bride.

Nine is very under-appreciated and over-looked though and that is a massive shame because he is the one Who brought a new mythos to the character and is the reason that the Doctor is not only 'just unhinged' anymore but angry and dark, which was probably a lot for Eccleston to carry and he should be commended.
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by MissKitten Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Well, he did only stay for a season, and I think that is the biggest reason he's under-appreciated and over-looked. We simply did not get enough time compared to the others. However, that was Eccleston's choice. He wanted to play the Doctor, but only for that one season.
MissKitten
MissKitten
Admin

http://du.shades-of-moonlight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanadvoratrelundar Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:55 pm

According to the rumors he didn't get along with the producers and staff and it is still uncertain if he left freely or was forced to leave
Romanadvoratrelundar
Romanadvoratrelundar

Back to top Go down

Post by woyogoyo Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:47 pm

I would have liked to see more of him, he was interesting. He was a nice mix of seriousness with a bit of humor.
woyogoyo
woyogoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by eendogenisis Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:50 pm

There is an interview with him here:

http://www.bad-wolf.info/LNinterview01.htm

Where he answers that question ^_^

eendogenisis
eendogenisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanadvoratrelundar Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:50 pm

I loved his reaction in the first episode. He had so many funny quotes. I also liked how Rose was hinting at the Ferris wheel and it took him like 4 times before he finally got it
Romanadvoratrelundar
Romanadvoratrelundar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down