What are your other (geeky) obsessions?

Go down

What are your other (geeky) obsessions?

Post by MissKitten on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:02 pm

The question is simple, what besides Doctor Who tickles your geekness - and to what degree?

I've had many obsession both geek and non-geek, some temporary, some lasting. Some allconsuming, others that didn't mind "sharing" their place with other obsessions Razz

I usually tend to hone in on television shows, but I have been known to step outside the medium for a couple of things.

I'm most definitely a Harry Potter fan, majorly preferring the books over the movies (but I do find the movies enjoyable when I ignore all the changes they made). I can re-read the books an infinite amount of times. And while I'm usually an avid fanfic-reader/writer, this is one of few fandoms where I prefer not to venture outside of what's "canon", I do however enjoy watching fanvids from time to time. I like playing the games (preferring the first three x-box titles so far - hating the fourth with a firey passion), have started collecting wand replicas (got Hermione and Tonks so far) and a couple of years ago I met Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) at a signing event.

My greatest Television obsession is Firefly, I've written fanfics, made fanvids, gone to several Firefly-conventions and met most of the cast and guest stars, when it comes to merchendise - if it's Firefly-related there's a big chance I will want to get it, lol. I made myself my very own Kaylee outfit, which I also wore at several of the Firefly conventions I've bee to.

I could probably make a detailed list over everything that tickles my fancy, but instead I will mention a couple of current obsessions (Castle, Bones, Lost Girl) and a couple of former obsessions that I still love, but doesn't focus as much on atm (Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Stargate SG-1/SGA, The 4400, Dark Angel, etc).

So, what about you guys?

MissKitten
Admin

View user profile http://du.shades-of-moonlight.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your other (geeky) obsessions?

Post by eendogenisis on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:26 pm

hmm..

tv/films:
various tv shows...but dr who is my fav
asian horror movies, 80s horror movies, animated films

books:
mostly harry potter, michael ende, neil gaiman, terry pratchet, rivers of london, fairytales, mythology.....

but i guess if one goes by time + expences then my main....at times "allconsuming" hobby would be my dolls....
eendogenisis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanadvoratrelundar on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Definitely LOTR. I own an almost complete collection of LOTR action figures. My home is covered with LOTR posters and books. I collect every dvd, cd or book about LOTR.

Another one is Hockey (ice hockey). I'm an obsessed hockey fanatic for years now and don't see it end anytime soon.

Romanadvoratrelundar

View user profile http://www.worldofhockey.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:13 am

Sis your such a hockey girl hahaha

My obsessions are Harry potter LOTR Dallas once upon a time, Star trek and sherlock, Merlin

other obseesions i had were Star wars,Buffy,Charmed,

Books Doctor Who,sherlock,lotr ,King Arthur
Nyssa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissKitten on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:42 am

Nyssa wrote:Sis your such a hockey girl hahaha

My obsessions are Harry potter LOTR Dallas once upon a time, Star trek and sherlock, Merlin

other obseesions i had were Star wars,Buffy,Charmed,

Books Doctor Who,sherlock,lotr ,King Arthur

Loved Charmed, too Smile Met Holly (Piper) and Brian (Leo) last year, and a couple of years before that I met Shannen (Prue)

MissKitten
Admin

View user profile http://du.shades-of-moonlight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum