Where are you at and what do you think?

Go down

Where are you at and what do you think?

Post by MissKitten on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:45 pm

Seeing as I'm currently going through the classic series bit by bit, I thought this could be a place to keep everyone up to date on where you're at and your thoughts on it. Like what do you think of the Doctor you're currently watching? What do you think of the companions so far? Do you have any favorite episodes/storylines, and so on.

Currently I am nearing the end of Two's reign, just a couple more episodes left. So far I think he's an alright Doctor, but he's not a favorite. I actually think I prefer the first Doctor to him. There's just something about One's gleeful laugh whenever he's feeling particularily clever and/or mischievous. Sure, Two has the whole whimsical flute thing going for him, but he is also a lot more serious in general, has a tendency to frown a lot more, while One was constantly enjoying himself wherever he was going.

As for companions, with One, my favorite companions were Barbara and Dodo. For the first two seasons of Two I just didn't feel very attached to his companions (could be because so many episodes were missing, hence I could only "watch" them with audio/still images), but I'm beginning to enjoy Zoe.

As for storylines, I enjoyed the Aztec storyline for One, for Two I will say my favorite was the Mind Robber storyline.

Last edited by MissKitten on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total

MissKitten
Admin

View user profile http://du.shades-of-moonlight.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where are you at and what do you think?

Post by Romanadvoratrelundar on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Great one Miss!
I have watched 4 Doctors in a row. I will start with Four.
He is absolutely amazing. He is sassy, sarcastic, funny, humanish but also dark. He hates goodbyes. His dark side is strong. You can see it clearly when he blows up things and doesn't seem to regret it.

Fifth:
He is sweet, gentle, kind, devoted and shows he cares for his companions. He has a fabulous way to banter with his companions and he continues where Four ended. He is the ideal son or son-in-law kinda person. I really liked this Doctor.

Sixth:
I don't like this Doctor one bit. Strong points of him: he is not easily intimidated and he is smart. But he is also very arrogant and somehow so out of character. I think it is the poor writing although the storylines were not that bad.

Seventh:
Great great GREAT Doctor. He is funny and sarcastic and he shows his feelings. He is very calm and a thinker. He asks his companions to travel with him. This is a Doctor who wouldn't get out of the way of danger. One of my absolute favs. I haven't finished his episodes yet. I'm at the end of his second season and the seasons are very short.

My fav classical companion overall is Romana. Both of them since she regenerates are really good. But I is my fav out of the two while II is more like the Doctor. I wish she would return.

My fav 4th companion is Romana
Fifth: Nyssa
Sixth: Mel (she appears in the second last episode but was arefreshment compared to the horrible and awful Peri)
Seventh: Ace
Romanadvoratrelundar

View user profile http://www.worldofhockey.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:26 am

i have watched some of two some of three all of four and all of five and part of 6 and 7 of the old. new who i watched all of 9 and 10 i really really liked 4 and 5 and 10 i was crushing on him madly but its faded a bit now, 11 is funny and amazing and very kiddish

two love him i see a lot of simlerietes between him and elven

Seven great doctor of what i seen

six not to wild about him only saw like two or three episodes of his

three started out boring but got better

one never seen him only saw him in three doctors and the five doctors

eight he should have had more then just a movie

Last edited by Nyssa on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Nyssa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:05 am

Well I haven't seen too much classic, but Ill post what Ive seen:

One : He starts of as an incredibly grouchy, condescending man who is not relatable at all. Considering I went right from "Vincent and the Doctor" to "Unearthly Child" it highlights how cold the Doctor could be.

Two : I only saw him in "Three Doctors" but what i saw was nice. Not enough for an evaluation thiugh.

Three I saw him in "THree: Doctors" and I liked what I saw, but again, not enough for a full evaluation.

Four Ive seen many clips of him and I can say that I REALLY like him as the Doctor.

Six Ugh. Rude and overbearing.

Seven :Not bad, I like him, but 1 serial isnt really enough

Eight : THe movie was so-so but he was a good Doctor
Terminus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:13 am

I'm terrible for Classic Who, i want to see it all but it's damn expensive, especially since they dont sell the old adventures in series boxsets.

I've seen most of the first Doctor and had to study 'An Unearthly Child' for a presentation at Uni.

I've seen the first few eps with Pertwee "shoes, shoes, shooees" *snatches*

I've seen a few eps with Tom Baker that were centred around a lighthouse. didn't enjoy the eps or him really.

Then i've seen nothing of the others until McGann in the movie.

Oh and i've seen 'The 5 Doctors' but i really wasn't impressed.
Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissKitten on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Spirit wrote:I'm terrible for Classic Who, i want to see it all but it's damn expensive, especially since they dont sell the old adventures in series boxsets.

I've seen most of the first Doctor and had to study 'An Unearthly Child' for a presentation at Uni.

I've seen the first few eps with Pertwee "shoes, shoes, shooees" *snatches*

I've seen a few eps with Tom Baker that were centred around a lighthouse. didn't enjoy the eps or him really.

Then i've seen nothing of the others until McGann in the movie.

Oh and i've seen 'The 5 Doctors' but i really wasn't impressed.

Spirit, most of the old episodes are available on dailymotion/youtube/etc. Here is a site which has an overview on all the classic episodes and then links to any available video of said episode. It messes up a few times, but mostly it gives you links to the correct episode.
Doctor Who (1963)

As for me at the moment, I have just finished the last episode with Two So next episode I will watch will be with Three Very Happy

MissKitten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanadvoratrelundar on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:59 pm

I have four episodes left with Seven After this I will jump to Three
Romanadvoratrelundar

View user profile http://www.worldofhockey.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MissKitten on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:31 am

Started Three's episodes now, right now I'm watching "Spearhead from Space"

MissKitten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePhantom47 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:32 am

Forgive me I haven't seen 1-3 in a Longg time but I can remember

One was interesting.. Had a granddaughter and he had this speech to her (the grand daughter) I nearly cried when he kicked her out because she was in love (Correct me I am incorrect, remember I haven't seen them in a long time)

Two Hehe recorder.... ^>^ He was pretty sarcastic in the 5 doctors and total has a hissy fit with the third doctor.

Three he was a fanstatic doctor but I didn't like his stories because he was banished to earth.. and that was kind of annoying.

Four My favorite doctor... Interesting stories The Keys to Time and Such! It was mind blowing things.

Five He has grown on me. His stories are interesting.. his companions some are good some are just... well not saying who (Peri) I would love to beat with a brick

Six I have never saw him.. I cannot say about him..

Seven Fun! I love him. He does seem like a Professor a little bit.

Eight I never saw this movie... and never knew there was one... what?

I currently watching keys to time. I'm on Power of Kroll! ^.^ Four
ThePhantom47

View user profile http://oddballgamer.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by MissKitten on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:04 am

Just reached Four now and I think he's absolutely brilliant Smile Hilarious from the get go! So as for the classic doctors (that I've seen) my list goes like this:

Four > Three > One > Two

As for companions, my favorite will have to be Sarah-Jane. Liked her straight away, independent, headstrong, inquisative Smile

MissKitten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Mage on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:41 pm

One Just finished "An Unearthly Child," yet I've seen "The Aztecs" as well(wibbly wobbly). I think it's pretty good, although it would have been better in 1963. Don't get me wrong, it's still great, but my mind would have=blown if I saw this when it first came out.
Derpy Mage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum