The Blue Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At what time were you indroduced to Doctor who and where did you start?

+5
Terminus
Nyssa
Romanadvoratrelundar
MissKitten
Dan-
9 posters

Go down

At what time were you indroduced to Doctor who and where did you start? Empty At what time were you indroduced to Doctor who and where did you start?

Post by Dan- Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:19 pm

We obviously all started somewhere.
I started right at the beginning of "new who". I recall the media craze over a new Doctor who series, I'd never really known about Doctor who till then. Although I had seen the forth doctor in the simpsons but didn't know who it was supposed to be. The show captured me, and I've been watching it ever since. I would like to watch plenty of the old who soon. When When I get time to I'll be doing so.
Dan-
Dan-

Back to top Go down

At what time were you indroduced to Doctor who and where did you start? Empty Re: At what time were you indroduced to Doctor who and where did you start?

Post by MissKitten Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:02 am

Well, my original introduction was at a convention where they played a Doctor Who episode (Rise of the Cybermen) in the main hall. I wandered in, thinking I might as well check this thing out since everyone was raving about it. I found myself unimpressed with the episode, having no clue what was going on, so for years afterwards I completely refused to watch anything having to do with Doctor Who. Then finally last fall my best friend convinced me to let her show me an episode. She showed me "Eleventh hour" and I quickly became enthralled with Eleven, Amy Pond and the show in general. We watched the whole of season five before going back to watch the show from the beginning. I'm now up to date on all of New Who and is currently going through the Classic series.

Last edited by MissKitten on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
MissKitten
MissKitten
Admin

http://du.shades-of-moonlight.com

Back to top Go down

At what time were you indroduced to Doctor who and where did you start? Empty Re: At what time were you indroduced to Doctor who and where did you start?

Post by Romanadvoratrelundar Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:12 am

Well to me it started a short while back. My friend who was tennant obsessed introduced me to it. I knew it already from my youth but never really watched it. Syfy was broadcasting some specials so I watched the Next Doctor which I liked and then later I saw Vincent and the Doctor. I enjoyed that one because Vincent van Gogh was my countrymate Wink I downloaded all episodes and started to watch them. Later I bought the dvd boxes and have seen all new episodes and am working through the classical ones
Romanadvoratrelundar
Romanadvoratrelundar

http://www.worldofhockey.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:46 am

i was the tennant obsesed fan :p and i was intruduced one day i was watching some syfy and there was a doctor who marathon and i watched it the first episode i saw was Gridlock and then it just grew from there
Nyssa
Nyssa

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 am

My first experience was actually at a friends birthday party where he got a Dalek costume for a present. I filed away the notion of a good Science Fiction away. Then I joined ZD and guess who I ran into (Vee) who always talked about how great it was. So when I went to my friends house near the beginning of the school year I asked to watch an episod eof Doctor Who on his Netflix. he chose to show me "Bad Wolf", the first half of 9's final outing. When i saw the Daleks at the end I got chills, especially with this starnge wonderfful man challenging them to a fight. Then my friend cruelly didnt show me the second half, so I went home and found all of 11's episodes on Comcast OnDemand, so I picked and chose before watching in (more or less) chronological order after seeing "Victory of the Daleks" and "Lets kill Hitler".
Terminus
Terminus

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePhantom47 Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:29 am

My story isn't as epic as everyone else... Well when I was old enough to comprehend some things my mother sat us down and made us watch the classic doctor who and we started with tom bakers time. When I was 10ish Eccelson was coming out and my family got all excited! I remembered watching the first episode and freaking out on how awesome it was. yeah
ThePhantom47
ThePhantom47

http://oddballgamer.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:07 am

I remember back in the day my parents would use to watch it and then my aunt when i had to live with her but i never really knew what it was since there was a lot of sci-fi perpetually on the tv back then.

I myself though started around the beginning of Matt's reign. So season 5. I heard all the rife goings on that Ten was leaving so I watched End of Time part 2 to see what the fuss was about, it confused me to hell and my first Ood was a weird experience but i d love the regen at the end and i started watching reruns on the TV and then eventually bought the DVDs of new Who.
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanadvoratrelundar Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:30 pm

Terminus wrote:My first experience was actually at a friends birthday party where he got a Dalek costume for a present. I filed away the notion of a good Science Fiction away. Then I joined ZD and guess who I ran into (Vee) who always talked about how great it was. So when I went to my friends house near the beginning of the school year I asked to watch an episod eof Doctor Who on his Netflix. he chose to show me "Bad Wolf", the first half of 9's final outing. When i saw the Daleks at the end I got chills, especially with this starnge wonderfful man challenging them to a fight. Then my friend cruelly didnt show me the second half, so I went home and found all of 11's episodes on Comcast OnDemand, so I picked and chose before watching in (more or less) chronological order after seeing "Victory of the Daleks" and "Lets kill Hitler".

Hahaha yes you did Razz I always talked about it in the SB and still do today Razz
Romanadvoratrelundar
Romanadvoratrelundar

http://www.worldofhockey.net

Back to top Go down

Post by woyogoyo Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:00 pm

I was introduced only about a month ago. I was on DGN and I heard a lot of people talking about it, so I decided to try it to see if I liked it. Obviously, I did.
woyogoyo
woyogoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by eendogenisis Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:03 pm

My introduction to it was as a child surfing trough reruns on various TV channels, 4 terrified me and I avoided the show until I was an adult.

My brothers are hooked on the modern one, so every family vacation for years would include them watching it...so finally I just gave up and watched with them.. thus I started with various episodes of 10 and then went back to start with 9.....
eendogenisis
eendogenisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down