The Blue Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Statue of Liberty as a Weeping Angel

5 posters

Go down

Statue of Liberty as a Weeping Angel Empty Statue of Liberty as a Weeping Angel

Post by Terminus Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:17 pm

SPOILERS

So as most of us have see, Series 7 Episode 5, "The Angels take Manhattan", is full of Weeoing Angels.

And of course, the most famous staue in the world, the Statue of Liberty, is a Weeping Angel.

However, we hear the SoL moving around when Amy and Roroy reach the rooftop, the Statues has arrived, apparently walking across crowded New York City, through most of NYC in fact, apparently disregarding the basict FACT of their biology, the Quantum lock. Now, we already know that instincts can make an Angel activate it's Quantum Lock (Flesh and Stone/TIme of Angels), but there is no precedent for an Angel to move when it is being observed.

Adding to this we also have Amy and Rory, on the rooftop nex to the SoL, constanly looking away and blinking. Guess what? Nothing happens.

Thoughts?
Terminus
Terminus

Back to top Go down

Statue of Liberty as a Weeping Angel Empty Re: Statue of Liberty as a Weeping Angel

Post by MissKitten Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Yeah, that is a tough nut to crack. It shouldn't be possible for it to move, being constantly observed by a ton of people every day...
MissKitten
MissKitten
Admin

http://du.shades-of-moonlight.com

Back to top Go down

Statue of Liberty as a Weeping Angel Empty Re: Statue of Liberty as a Weeping Angel

Post by Romanadvoratrelundar Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 pm

To be honest I expected more of it though. I was a tad disappointed you only saw the creepy face and nothing more. I expected it to actually do something
Romanadvoratrelundar
Romanadvoratrelundar

http://www.worldofhockey.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePhantom47 Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:26 pm

When I saw that I was like..
Is that what I think...
*pops out*
i scream for a good second and fall of the chair.

As I think of that I wonder how is that possible? its on a small island and they where suppose to be further inland of new york. it would've had to teleport or something.. I dont know but gave me one heck of a scare
ThePhantom47
ThePhantom47

http://oddballgamer.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by eendogenisis Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 pm

I must say I was mostly amused.... Laughing out loud and yelling "they have been expecting that on thumblr for years" at the screen.....

A simple and almost silly answer would be that since the angels control that part of New York...maybe a very big perception filter?

or as Matt smith said on top gear...never apply logic to dr who lol
eendogenisis
eendogenisis

Back to top Go down

Post by MissKitten Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:16 pm

True that, logic and Doctor Who doesn't really mix, lol
MissKitten
MissKitten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissKitten Sat May 04, 2013 11:36 am

Moffat has given his own explanation for the Statue of Liberty being able to move around unseen:

So, someone has to ask… How did the Statue of Liberty make it to Winter’s Quay without being seen?!

“The Angels can do so many things. They can bend time, climb inside your mind, hide in pictures, steal your voice, mess with your perception, leak stone from your eye…

1930s New York was a nest of Angels and the people barely more than farm animals. The abattoir of the lonely assassins! In those terribe days, in that conquered city, you saw and understood only what the Angels allowed, so Liberty could move and hunt as it wished, in that blink of an eye, unseen by the lowly creatures upon which it preyed.

Also, it tiptoed.”

(Steven Moffat in the Doctor Who Magzine)

Source
MissKitten
MissKitten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum